Get the facts about Procedures for provisional registration of pharmacists in Nigeria, procedures for full registration of pharmacists in Nigeria and procedures for registration of premises in Nigeria.
Procedures for provisional registration of pharmacists in Nigeria
The provisional registration of fresh graduates as stated earlier commences during the induction (oath-taking) ceremony. The PCN officer in attendance is expected to go along with the following documents:
- Form F for completion by inductees
- Oath certificates with names of inductees already type
- Certificates of provision registration (Form G) written and endorsed by the Registrar, permanent home addresses of the inductees are usually completed during the interactive session. These certificates are sealed with the official seal
- Gift for best graduating student
- Request for name of the best graduating student from the school’s dean, if not already sent to Council for the purpose of the plaque. Apart from the plaque, the student is also awarded a cash prize of N5,000.00 and books worth N5,000.00.
Read Also: How To Become A Pharmacist in 4 Steps
Procedures for full registration of pharmacists in Nigeria
- Files of pharmacists who have met the requirements for full registration are forwarded to the full registration unit from the provisional registration unit.
- All the files are re-assessed to ensure that the requirements are met:
- Application for provisional registration (Form F) with the appropriate fee
- Photocopy of oath certificate
- Photocopy of certificate of provisional registration (Form G)
- Photocopy of school result and certificate of birth
- Original copy of application to commence internship training programme (Form F/2)
- Original copy of certificate of experience (Form D) from PCN accredited internship centre. The date of commencement of training on the Form D must tarry with that on the Form F/2 and the training must have lasted for 12 calendar months
- Completed application to register as a Pharmaceutical Chemist (Form C) with the appropriate fee
- Application for retention of name in the register (with the appropriate fee) for the current year.
Procedures for registration of premises
Pharmacists seeking to register new premises are expected to forward the following documents:
- Application for registration of new premises
- Completed forms B and J
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Memorandum and Article of Association
- Certified True Copy of Form Co7 showing the name of the Pharmacist Director
- Appropriate fee in bank draft
- Inspection report (From DPS or PIC)
- Current Annual Licence to practice of Pharmacist Director
- Letter of resignation and acceptance of resignation from former employer of Pharmacist it previously employed
- Particulars of first Directors of Company
- NYSC discharge Certificate for new pharmacist